We are looking for 2 herbal trainees to join our team at Hackney Herbal. The role involves assisting us with the growing and harvesting of herbs, running of herbal workshops and general admin of the project. You will work alongside our team and assist with different parts of the project when it’s needed. As part of the traineeship you will receive training in horticulture – both theory and hands on practice. This is a great experience for someone who wants to gain experience of working in the community / urban food growing sector and gain skills relating to setting up and running a social enterprise.
- Helping to maintain our herb growing sites
- Harvesting herbs for our herbal tea blends
- Assisting with planning and developing herbal workshops
- Opportunity to deliver community workshops
- Experience working on a community project
- Hands-on horticultural training
- Access to training and networking events
- Support, mentoring and guidance
- The chance to be part of a young, dynamic and exciting social enterprise
- Some experience of horticulture / community work is desirable but not essential
- A passion to learn and be part of a community growing project
- Commit to 1-2 days a week (flexible working schedule) from April – October 2016
Deadline to apply is 6pm on 4th April and we hope to have the new trainees starting by end of April 2016.
If you are interested in applying please email us to request a full application pack. firstname.lastname@example.org